My Dad The Rock Star










I worked on this show from 2001-2002. I was the lead location/prop designer for the entire show. When I first started this series, I was brought on a week behind schedule and asked to re-design the look of the show. I managed to do this in a week. These designs were done as " funpack" drawings for the board artists. In most cases they were used as is and went on to become painted backgrounds, saving a lot of time and money on layout. I think This is some of my best design work. I was fresh off of Clone High and still very much in that "Abstract" train of thought. I had a lot of free rein on this project. I did a lot of research on modern furniture and architecture. I took quit a bit from "Googie" style Buildings.

I think this show feels very Southern California. Gene Simmons came up with the concept.

Comments

Popular Posts